Monday, January 5, 2009

Chinese Humor Posters

A friend sent me the following photos. If you can read Chinese, you're guaranteed to get a few chuckles out of them. The English translation on some of the posters is incorrect, so I provided my own. I'm afraid though, the humor may have been lost in translation.

"Everyone pretends to be proper; I'll have to pretend to be improper"


"Dare to love, dare to elope"


"Carrying talent is like being pregnant, only time can tell"



"Oh love is like a ghost - more people believe in it than encounter it."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fascinating... they look like road side signs... what would be be the point... I mean in particular... the Love is like a ghost one. What would be the point to make a statement like that in such a big sign... on the road... for what purpose... is it advertising something?

alfaeco said...

I like last one above love.

Not bad idea to have some good humor on road signs.

By reducing traffic stress, may help to reduce accidents too.

Good Idea

Xujun said...

They do look like road signs, don't they. I'm not sure about their practical purposes, but they might be some sort of advertisement. For example, the one says "to elope" might be advertising lodges for lovers. Just a guess.